Friday 31 October 2014

Top acts lined up for annual choral awards showcase (Valencia Govindasamy )

SATURDAY sees the third annual National Annual Choral Achievement Awards (Nacma) at The Playhouse Company. The show features top-notch national and local acts, and award-winning Judith Sephuma is the headlining act. Other artists on the line-up include Naima Kay, Raphael Vilakazi, Matthew Singers, Soul Brothers, Ithemba and more.

Tonight chatted to opera singer Vilakazi about the Nacma and what can be expected. “I’ve taken part in a lot of events of that nature, in the choirs and singing awards. I decided that I would like to be one of the people showcasing our talent and also would like people to know what the Nacma organisation is about.

“When they approached me to sing on the night of the awards, I took the opportunity, and ... continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment