Sunday 19 October 2014

Vocal teachers unite to grow choir program at Dallas ISD’s Carter High School (Neighborsgo reporter )

Demetrius Ethley has made a career of resurrecting struggling school choir programs.

It’s a song and dance he’s conducted at three Dallas-Fort Worth area schools.

Now the choral director at Carter High School in South Dallas, he’s brought music back to the choir hall.

But the road ends at Carter, Ethley said after a Friday afternoon practice.

“I am tired of starting over. As far as I’m concerned, this is where I’m going to die or retire,” said Ethley, 43.

Previously the choir director at Eastern Hills High School in Fort Worth, Ethley was hired as Carter’s director in January 2010.

“I’d heard of Carter because of the football team, but I knew nothing about it musically,” said Ethley, who grew up singing gospel music in Fort Worth.

His charge was to ... continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment